We are seeking an exceptional individual for an exciting position in the Innovation team for HP Commercial Products. As a member of this team you will work alongside senior technologists developing software and application proof-of-concepts for future HP products. You will help to creating brand new experiences and influencing the future of how users work and collaborate. Are you creative, have passion for innovation, technologies? Are you driven, have great communication skills, great leadership skills, a team player? If you meet these requirements and have a desire to influence the future then this position is a great opportunity to learn, grow, and have an impact on the future.
- Seeking software engineer, computer scientist, or other similar computer software related discipline. Candidate should be in the process of pursuing a bachelor’s of science degree or greater level of education.
- Works with HP’s Personal Systems Innovation Team on a variety of proofs of concept development activities related to future technologies, work styles, and experiences for example in the areas of the modern and future office productivity and collaboration, higher education, and health care.
- Develops operating systems and application software needed to drive proofs of concepts experience flows with the purpose of exploring use cases, behaviors, and user experiences needed to deliver new innovative features and user interfaces into HP’s personal systems products, solutions, and / or services.
- Able to develop software applications and services for Windows 10 related platforms (e.g. Win32/64 and Windows Universal (UWP) application models and languages [C#, C++, DirectX, visual basic]) as well as mobile platforms (iOS and Android) for device interoperability concepts and experiences.
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual capable of obtaining appropriate development SDKs and any other tools needed to complete development assignments.
- Able to do preliminary research and determine if requirements can be met by an available, off the shelf, 3rd party software solution versus development of solution in house at HP.
- Good communications skills required to both interact with senior engineers to gather software and user interface requirements as well as to demonstrate end results of developed software to both the innovation team and in some cases, upper management.
- Follows standard software development processes to rapidly specify and document application and services requirements, and then develop, test, and debug agreed up on software for its intended platform and proof of concept.
- Projects will be highly confidential in nature and with significant opportunities to develop new ideas and to file intellectual property (design and utility patents) for HP Inc.
- Other areas of expertise not required but that would benefit this intern position include experience in user interface and graphics design methodology, computer hardware and architecture, windows device driver models, and / or user experience research and methodologies.
All room and board will be provided as well as transportation and events. The student will be working with AI, integration with hardware, drivers, UI/UX… The tech the student will be working on will be showcased to top execs at HP and consideration for being part of our 1-3 year platforms. The student will be working directly with the Innovation team and exposed to some seriously fun tech. The student will also have the opportunity to file patents should the need arise. There is a preference for a student already working with AI platforms like tensor flow or pytorch and a working knowledge of python. That said if they are working in the windows space we can use that too.
Arkansas AI-Campus is a unique state-wide training program. This program will be free and of a voluntary participation, and it will exist outside of our traditional academic environment.
This interactive training program will allow students to work closely with world-wide and national top experts in the areas of:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
The experts, with top records in international competitions such as Data Science Bowl (DSB) and DREAM Challenges, will serve as volunteer coaches, will provide frontier knowledge and technology, and hands-on projects.
The training experience consists of two 4-month phases and is provided completely free of charge to qualified students, including senior undergraduates and graduates from diverse academic programs or disciplines of various/all institutions in Arkansas.
Phase 1: Students (about 30) will spend 4 months working with mentors on guided example projects, culminating in a capstone project of your own. Earn a certificate of completion that you can add to your graduate school application or CV.
Phase 2: Selected students (about 10) from Phase 1 will be invited to continue for an additional 4 months. In Phase 2, you will work directly with a coach and participate in national and worldwide machine learning competitions, as well as potential focused research projects. Every two students and a coach with top records in previous competitions will form a team; we plan to have 5 teams.
After the free one-year training, each of the students makes the decision if the student will continue to work with the Arkansas AI-Campus; Based on the students’ interests, the Board of the Arkansas AI-Campus will discuss with the students potential research projects in various areas with potential funding support. Later the 10 students are expected to be experts in machine learning and AI.
Note: AI-Campus will support all institutions in Arkansas in making their efforts to incorporate AI into their existing academic education program, such as, develop “AI Education Certificate”. Students directly trained through the AI-Campus will get AI Challenge Certificate for those who complete Phase 1 training, and AI Expert Certificate for those who complete Phase 2 training.
Note: Besides senior undergraduates and graduates, the free training of AI-Campus with national top experts also welcomes junior faculty and hospital residents to join.
Electronic Application for AR AI Campus Participant Recommendations: View competition
AI Campus contact:
Emily Devereux, executive director, Arkansas State University, email@example.com
Museum of Discovery
Part-Time Tinkering Studio Facilitator
This position is more like a long-standing internship, with most shifts taking place during winter, spring, and summer breaks when school is out of session. It would be a great fit for a creative, enthusiastic student who is looking to get out into the work field but isn’t able to take on too many hours. I will attach the official job description to this email. Any interested students can send their resume and cover letter to Mikahla Denny, Tinkering Studio Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern – Delivery Analyst: One role available The Delivery Analyst Intern delivers data, data products and information that drive our client’s multi-channel marketing capabilities. You will begin to train with and understand the details of client’s data and Acxiom’s products to ensure that our clients receive clean, improved, ready-to-market and formatted data. In this role, you will strive daily to improve quality and adopt standard practices.
Intern – Tester: Two roles available As a Tester Intern, you will document, communicate and suggest remedies for disputed issues/defects using defined standards while working with multi-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will utilize test tools, test methodology, standard methodologies and standard quality assurance processes to deliver functional, deployable, supportable and maintainable services and products to our clients.
Intern – Solutions Developer: One role available The Solution Developer Intern works on Acxiom and third-party software to build solutions for business problems defined by specific business requirements. In this internship, you will gain knowledge of and draw upon technical and data processing knowledge to tackle marketing and data warehousing problems for our clients’ solutions. You may configure or tune software, work on automation processes to tie components together, develop custom application code to accommodate defined requirements, or collaborate with others to add extensions to existing Acxiom software. You may also provide new development, ongoing maintenance, and support and optimization of solutions for the account teams you are supporting.
Intern – Solutions Developer: Two roles available The Solution Developer Intern works on Acxiom and third-party software to build solutions for business problems defined by specific business requirements. In this internship, you will gain knowledge of and draw upon technical and data processing knowledge to tackle realtime platform problems for our clients’ solutions. You may configure or tune software, work on automation processes to tie components together, develop custom application code to accommodate defined requirements, or collaborate with others to add extensions to existing Acxiom software. You may also provide new development, ongoing maintenance, and support and optimization of solutions for the account teams you are supporting. A typical day will begin with reviewing upcoming work with the project team. The work may be debugging and solving issues, reviewing designs with developer peers, or implementing and coding software solutions to meet the client’s needs. The fast-paced account means often two days may not be the same, providing opportunities to learn a variety of platforms and solve different kinds of problems throughout the internship.
These roles require a minimum 20 hour/week commitment and a minimum 3.25 GPA. We are seeking individuals in the Information Technology / Computer Science space who can begin this fall with an anticipated graduation date in May or December 2020. Students must be able to work on-site in Conway, Arkansas, during scheduled hours and for the duration of the internship.
We use an MIS system (called “Pace” sold by a company named EFI) and have its API functionality licensed. This API contains a full suite of SOAP services for reading, creating, updating, and deleting objects as well as triggering internal processes. We’re looking for students to help leverage this API to work on projects that range from small back-end scripts that enhance or fix our MIS’ capabilities to larger projects involving front-ends our customers can interact with.
We can mentor and teach the specifics of how to use this API but would find valuable students who bring to the table:
- Comfort writing simple, readable, and well-documented code (the SDK EFI provides us has code samples in C#, java, perl, PHP, and vb.net)
- Understanding from a structural viewpoint good front-end and system design
- Strong problem-solving sensibilities and willingness to help and learn in whatever ways the project takes us
In return, we hope to provide:
- An environment outside of the classroom to gain experience working and solving problems in a real-world business environment
- A manageable 10-15 hour work week that can complement and be flexible with a school schedule; be worked remotely or after normal business hours
Contact: Joseph Bridgeman
Digital Products Specialist
(501) 376 8436