Cybersecurity, virtual reality, augmented reality, data visualization, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer graphics are dynamic areas of computer science with exploding opportunities for internships, fellowships and research.
Windstream has several IT intern opportunities available this summer (2023) for students with programming, data science, and data analysis skillsets. See all jobs
Southwest Power Pool (SPP)
Southwest Power Pool (SPP) is looking for interns in Engineering and IT. The internship is 10 weeks, paid, and offers meaningful work that will help you learn about the power industry. Applicants are decided prior to the beginning of summer.
Acxiom, a leader in customer data management, identity, and the ethical use of data for more than 50 years, is looking to hire students from University of Arkansas at Little Rock for internships, which cover multiple areas including:
- Online Marketing
- Human Resources
- Application Development/Engineering
- Database Administration
- And more!
Interns at Acxiom receive invaluable experience at an internationally recognized company along with mentorship with seasoned technical professionals and project-specific training. Along with that, Acxiom offers competitive benefits for interns like payment for all positions, paid time off to volunteer, and intern PTO accrual!
The intention is to have interns work on-site in Conway, Arkansas if possible. However, the internship may begin virtually and could continue virtually for its entirety.
Click here for more details.
AI Innovation Fellowship in Machine Learning (Summer 2022)
The AI Innovation Fellowship in Machine Learning equips students with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Unsupervised Learning, Natural Language Processing, Neural Networks, and Convolutional Neural Networks. Leveraging these new tools, students build out a professional portfolio with a capstone project, AI + X, that draws on students’ unique interest and domain expertise. Engineers can integrate AI techniques into any discipline to devise intelligent solutions to practical problems. For example, students can devise AI models for object detection and navigation that are used in self-driving cars– applying domain knowledge and engineering skills to uniquely devise an impactful system used in everyday technologies. For more information, please visit inspiritinnovators.com.
DHS Data Analytics Technology Center
Our research addresses both strategic and tactical concerns of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Data Analytics Technology Center (DA-TC) is seeking candidates with a technical background in applied large-scale computing related to blockchain, cyber security, cyber threat hunting, cyber data analytics, infrastructure security, machine learning, artificial intelligence, human-machine teaming, high performance computing, homomorphic and secure multi-party computation, edge and real-time analytics, and technology policy research to address evolving mission and homeland security needs. Other applicants who have a strong interest in data analytics specific to homeland security missions are also encouraged to apply.
Why should I apply?
We offer a challenging and fast- paced environment that accommodates the exploration of new ideas that improve operational efficiency. Under the oversight of cognizant Federal personnel, participating researchers have opportunities to lead tasks, explore new research areas for DHS, and participate in networking opportunities. Our staff come from technical fields and other fields such as Policy, Economics, and Anthropology to enable multi-disciplinary approaches to problem solving.
Where will I be located?
Fellowships are for one year and may be extended based upon project needs and funding availability for up to 5 years.
What are the benefits?
Selected participants will receive a competitive stipend for living and other expenses during this appointment as determined by DHS. Stipends are determined by participant’s academic standing, discipline, and experience.
Participants may also be eligible to receive
- Health insurance allowance,
- Reimbursement for travel expenses, and
- Travel/training allowance for professional development and travel to professional meetings, such as conferences.
To qualify for this opportunity you must,
- Be 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Be currently pursuing or have received a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in a desired discipline. Please see full list of disciplines at the end of this announcement.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
An internship at Simmons Bank provides a current college student an opportunity to receive work experience to complement their course work. The work will be related to their major or professional interest. A Simmons Sidekick will guide the intern and offer day to day advice on how to navigate the business or solve challenging problems. Simmons will benefit from the internship as real work or valuable projects are completed during the course of the internship. The bank also uses the internship experience as a way to recruit top college talent into the bank.
Summer internships will include opportunities to hear from company executives, lunch and learn sessions, networking events, fun outings and exposure to the overall company culture at Simmons Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties could include the following
- Working on one or more key projects.
- Assisting with key banking tasks, process audits, or reports.
Pursuing a degree in business or a related area of study at an accredited college or university. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management and project management skills.
- Microsoft Office skills. Strong attention to detail. Positive attitude, fast learner, team player. An interest in working at Simmons Bank
- Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.
Arkansas Public Service Commission
The Arkansas Public Service Commission is needing a programmer (Summer 2022 internship) to assist in developing new data entry applications.
Summer 2022 undergraduate research technician positions
Dr. Hal Halvorson (www.halvorhalvorson.com) is recruiting two paid undergraduate research technicians for summer 2022 in his research laboratory in the Biology Department at the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) in Conway. The successful applicants will assist with a National Science Foundation research project called STOICH (Stoichiometric Traits of Organisms In their Chemical Habitats). Our project goal is to build a national database on the distribution of elements (carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, and others) in aquatic organisms and their environments. The student will be based at UCA and will also collaborate with a team of scientists from multiple institutions across the United States.
Position timeline: May 23, 2022 until August 12, 2022 (dates negotiable)
Pay: $11/hour for up to 40 hours (minimum 20 hours) per week
The Washington Center
- The Washington Center is a great experiential learning experience, as well as a wonderful networking opportunity for our
- Arkansas has a scholarship to help underwrite the cost.
- There are virtual internships as well as face to face internships.
As a Tester Intern, you will detail, investigate, communicate and suggest remedies for disputed issues/defects using defined standards while working with multi-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will utilize test tools, test methodology, standard methodologies and standard quality assurance processes to deliver functional, deployable, supportable and maintainable services and products to our clients.
Are you driven, hardworking, and seeking an exciting opportunity with a phenomenal company? Undergraduate & Graduate students are encouraged to apply for Acxiom’s Internship program. This opportunity requires a minimum 20 hour/week commitment during the semester and up to 40 hours/week during breaks and summer. Students will be exposed to test methodology at one of the world’s leading marketing technology companies.
- This internship will begin immediately
- You will work on-site in Conway, Arkansas for the duration of the internship. This is not a remote opportunity
- 20-25/week work dedication during the semester, 40 hours/week during summer and breaks
- Anticipated graduation date no sooner than December 2021
- Applicants for this internship position with Acxiom in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Acxiom (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (CPT/OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
What you will do
- Follow the lead of mentor in building capabilities for the testing roles
- Primarily engage in projects or activities that increase understanding of Acxiom products, services, and client solutions
- Develop and demonstrate critical thinking capability
- Learn to build test data
- Learn to develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and desired results for one or more test plans, including product, component, assembly, or performance tests
- Ability to work in a team environment
What you will need
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s level degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Proven attention to detail
- Exposure to UNIX and LINUX
- Demonstrable skill with Microsoft Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Strong academic achievement
What will set you apart
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and experience utilizing core testing skills
- Ability to review the testability of requirements, design, and development functions with assistance
- Ability to understand the process used in creating test cases
- Ability to identify low-level defects
Who are we seeking?
- Top Talent & High Performers: We hire the brightest in the industry!
- Innovative Collaborators: We drive operational improvements to promote efficiency and improve performance.
- Future Leaders: We develop our people and promote from within.
- Game Changers: We empower people to challenge the status quo and explore new possibilities.
- Emotional Intelligence: We cultivate greatness both within ourselves and with others.
- Hardworking Employees: We look for initiative to conquer complex challenges.
We believe in building an awesome workplace where associates feel highly motivated and want to engage every single day. It’s important to Acxiom that we invest in our culture and promote a healthy work-life balance.
As a part of Acxiom, you will join a fast paced, high-performance culture where we empower our people to do innovative, cutting-edge work. You will always be guided to do what is right.
At Acxiom, we believe in exceptionalism. We don’t seek to be mediocre, good, nor even great – we intend to be the absolute best in everything we do.
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.