Acxiom, a leader in customer data management, identity, and the ethical use of data for more than 50 years, is looking to hire students from University of Arkansas at Little Rock for internships, which cover multiple areas including:
- Online Marketing
- Human Resources
- Application Development/Engineering
- Database Administration
- And more!
Interns at Acxiom receive invaluable experience at an internationally recognized company along with mentorship with seasoned technical professionals and project-specific training. Along with that, Acxiom offers competitive benefits for interns like payment for all positions, paid time off to volunteer, and intern PTO accrual!
The intention is to have interns work on-site in Conway, Arkansas if possible. However, the internship may begin virtually and could continue virtually for its entirety.
Click here for more details.
- Must have good understanding in AI / Data Science, Security Analytics or development.
- Good understanding in SDLC
- Undergrads currently pursuing their studies in AI / Data Science /ML
- $15 per hour / Hrs 40 a week with flexibility around class schedule.
- Post internship completion potential to convert to FTE based on their performance.
- Hiring for two positions asap
The Washington Center
- The Washington Center is a great experiential learning experience, as well as a wonderful networking opportunity for our
- Arkansas has a scholarship to help underwrite the cost.
- There are virtual internships as well as face to face internships.
Darragh Tool Central
Digital Marketing Internship
Since 1906, construction, industrial and trade professionals have counted on Darragh Company for top-quality building materials and expert guidance. Darragh is now accepting applications to fill one open internship position in its Marketing Department for the summer of 2021. The intern will gain hands-on exposure to a variety of areas in digital marketing but will be primarily focused on augmenting product data for our new ecommerce website.
- Currently studying or recent graduate in marketing, web development or a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and common website content management systems.
- High aptitude for new software platforms and technical concepts
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Project management skills, attention to detail and able to work independently • Shopify experience a plus
- Prepare product data and images for ecommerce website
- Contribute to planning and testing of ecommerce website
- Support development of customizations on ecommerce website
- Support Marketing Team as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE); Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V);Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This job is required to supervise part-time employees regarding certain projects. Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to internal customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Ethics/Diversity – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and principles; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for the position; keeps self well groomed.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills – Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE); Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V; Drug-Free Workplace (DFW).
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The Pathways to Computing Virtual Internship Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is a virtual 10-week summer program that provides undergraduate students with learning opportunities in computer science, computational science, and mathematics. Students will be mentored by ORNL research and technical staff and will be able to make contributions to projects in diverse domains, including computer science, health data science, and climate science. In addition, students will gain valuable skills needed for a successful career in computing fields. Selected interns will have access to ORNL’s leadership-class facilities, including Summit, the world’s second most powerful supercomputer.
· Stipend rate of $600 per week
· Must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a degree-seeking program at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university (including accredited community colleges) at time of application and continuing into the fall 2021 semester
(Full-time enrollment status is determined by the number of hours or courses the school requires for full-time attendance (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service))
· Seniors graduating in May/June 2021 or earlier will not be eligible for application or selection as continuation as an undergraduate in fall 2021 is required
· Must have completed at least one year as a matriculated undergraduate student at the time of applying
· Freshmen (at time of application) are not eligible and Advanced Placement credits or other undergraduate credits obtained prior to undergraduate enrollment cannot be applied to meet the minimum one-year completion requirement
· Must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
· Have two academic or professional recommenders
Tester Intern (Posting ID: JR007533)
As a Tester Intern, you will detail, investigate, communicate and suggest remedies for disputed issues/defects using defined standards while working with multi-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will utilize test tools, test methodology, standard methodologies and standard quality assurance processes to deliver functional, deployable, supportable and maintainable services and products to our clients.
Are you driven, hardworking, and seeking an exciting opportunity with a phenomenal company? Undergraduate & Graduate students are encouraged to apply for Acxiom’s Internship program. This opportunity requires a minimum 20 hour/week commitment during the semester and up to 40 hours/week during breaks and summer. Students will be exposed to test methodology at one of the world’s leading marketing technology companies.
- This internship will begin immediately
- You will work on-site in Conway, Arkansas for the duration of the internship. This is not a remote opportunity
- 20-25/week work dedication during the semester, 40 hours/week during summer and breaks
- Anticipated graduation date no sooner than December 2021
- Applicants for this internship position with Acxiom in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Acxiom (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (CPT/OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
What you will do:
- Follow the lead of mentor in building capabilities for the testing roles
- Primarily engage in projects or activities that increase understanding of Acxiom products, services, and client solutions
- Develop and demonstrate critical thinking capability
- Learn to build test data
- Learn to develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and desired results for one or more test plans, including product, component, assembly, or performance tests
- Ability to work in a team environment
What you will need:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s level degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Proven attention to detail
- Exposure to UNIX and LINUX
- Demonstrable skill with Microsoft Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Strong academic achievement
What will set you apart:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and experience utilizing core testing skills
- Ability to review the testability of requirements, design, and development functions with assistance
- Ability to understand the process used in creating test cases
- Ability to identify low-level defects
Who are we seeking?
- Top Talent & High Performers: We hire the brightest in the industry!
- Innovative Collaborators: We drive operational improvements to promote efficiency and improve performance.
- Future Leaders: We develop our people and promote from within.
- Game Changers: We empower people to challenge the status quo and explore new possibilities.
- Emotional Intelligence: We cultivate greatness both within ourselves and with others.
- Hardworking Employees: We look for initiative to conquer complex challenges.
We believe in building an awesome workplace where associates feel highly motivated and want to engage every single day. It’s important to Acxiom that we invest in our culture and promote a healthy work-life balance.
As a part of Acxiom, you will join a fast paced, high-performance culture where we empower our people to do innovative, cutting-edge work. You will always be guided to do what is right.
At Acxiom, we believe in exceptionalism. We don’t seek to be mediocre, good, nor even great – we intend to be the absolute best in everything we do.
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.
Primary Location City/State:
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!
As a Windstream Data Analyst Intern, you will be responsible for creating reporting to track Operational Metrics and Initiatives to drive operational efficiencies for the Business Units.
- Performs data extraction and analysis on disparate data sets to identify potential issues and/or process improvements
- Working with partner organizations to determine root cause drives and appropriate metrics to measure root cause drivers
- Effectively identifies and leverages information and resources necessary to complete efficient and thorough analysis.
- Responsible for creating Tableau or Power BI Dashboards (Or Other Reporting distribution types) to Aid Operational Metrics and Processes Improvements
- Interacts cooperatively with internal partner organizations including Service Delivery, Repair, Assignment, Care, Engineering and Field Ops
- SQL experience, Golden, Aginity, TOAD or other SQL tool.
- Experience with relational databases including: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server.
- Data mining skills/experience analyzing large disparate data sources.
- Data visualization skills including Tableau or Power BI.
- Advanced MS Office knowledge including strong database skills.
Experience in data mining and data analysis
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning and initiative to work independently
- Strong Interpersonal skills and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize multiple projects, with strong attention to detail
- 3.0 or above GPA
- Currently enrolled in College as a Junior or Senior
- Able to work 40 hour work week during the Summer in Little Rock, AR
*At this time Windstream does not offer visa sponsorship of any kind for this position.
Primary Location: Little Rock, AR
Proteomics Core Summer Internships for Undergraduate Students
Co-hosted by the IDeA National Resource for Quantitative Proteomics at UAMS and the IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (Arkansas INBRE). Undergraduate students should complete this Application Form and submit the application with all of the information requested. Please place the name of the applicant in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed by an ad hoc committee comprised of the Faculty and Staff from the IDeA National Resource for Quantitative Proteomics at UAMS. Selection criteria for the fellowship will include the student’s GPA, faculty recommendations from the applicant’s home institution, and evidence for inclination toward a career in research. Students selected to participate in the program will be notified in early April. Co-sponsored by the Arkansas INBRE (P20 GM103429) and IDeA National Resource for Quantitative Proteomics (R24GM137786).
Job title: ITS Intern
Job type: paid internship
Assist PC support group by installing equipment for STI and clients. Assist in providing on-site and call
center-based technical support services for clients and employees at STI.
• Assist in maintaining network users and groups.
• Assist in imaging and installation of workstations
• Assist in configuring and installing hardware.
• Assist in maintaining the usability of each user’s workstation.
• Flexibility: Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Knowledge with PC configuration and installation
• Knowledge supporting scanner/printer systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and antivirus software.
• Comfortable with Customer Interaction
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Maintain complete and accurate project records in a ticket system
• Manage multiple projects and activities with organization and precision
• Analyze hardware, software and network problems
• Follow oral and written technical instructions
• Work in a team environment while maintaining a positive working relationship with co-workers
• Communicate information to others, both orally and in writing
• May be required to travel up to 4 days per week
• Working towards college degree or career in MIS, CIS, Networking
• Understanding of banking and banking services industry a plus
• Basic knowledge of industry standard networking infrastructure
Visual Concentration Medium
Lifting Up to 50 lbs
The ITS internship program is intended to create a beneficial relationship and growth
opportunity for STI, its employees, and collegiate students in the Little Rock area. This program
will enhance our ability to accomplish our strategic goals, recruit top talent, and build strong
relations within the community.
Advantages of an Internship:
The ITS Internship Program provides students with hands-on experience. They will be learning how STI
deploys PCs for all of our customers, as well as customer relations and customer support, necessary
organizational and administrative tasks, and providing the student with a personal mentor and guide
throughout the duration of their internship. This Internship will also enhance their career potential as
they are integrated onto teams working closely with Information Technology professionals while
learning in a fast-paced, technology-evolving environment. The ITS Internship Program would not only
double the productivity of building and deploying PCs but it would foster leadership skills and a
mentorship opportunities. The student could bring a fresh and innovative way to an old process. STI will
be making a difference to the local economy, local people, and the locality as a whole.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 4001 North Rodney Parham Road
Job Overview: Domo Arigato for considering the Robotics team. As a member of this team you will use BotPress to code, test, and deliver new chat bots. You will work with product owners and operational support personnel to find chat bot use cases. You will work with business process owners to assess process automation feasibility, and you may get to code, test, deliver, and support Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software. This intern will use TypeScript, NodeJS, Python, JSON/XML, REST APIs, and AutoHotKey.
Team Overview: The Robotics team deploys chat bots (virtual assistants) and process bots to automate support conversations and repeatable human tasks. To do this we work with operational units to assess potential automation for customer support and manual business processes. Chat bots use Artificial Intelligence to carry on human-like conversations with customers and employees. RPA employs a variety of integration techniques to emulate human activity and interactions with company systems.
Preferred skills: Software development and process analysis
Job Requirements: Attending college and is at least a Junior or above with an IT concentration. Must have a 3.0 GPA and above.
Data Science Internship:
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 4001 North Rodney Parham Road
Job overview: Go big or go home! Perform data discovery, data augmentation, and statistical model development. Responsibilities will include data mining, statistical analysis, and descriptive/predictive/propensity modelling. This intern will use RapidMiner Studio (our end-to-end data science solution), Python/R, Hadoop, Kafka, NiFi, Druid, and many other open source solutions.
Team overview: The Data Science team collaborates with Windstream’s Residential, Small Business, and Enterprise business units to solve problems using big data analytics and data science.
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in data science, business analytics, computer science, information systems, or any other quotative discipline
- Work with big data to drive concrete conclusions and actionable insights
- Communicate complicated technical topics and nuanced insights to diverse audience
- Learn new tools and languages as required by the project; with tasks ranging from data processing to data engineering to modeling and machine learning
- Build cutting edge machine learning algorithms to gain deeper insights into the business and drive sales
- Work with rest of the data scientists assisting, cleaning data, creating pipelines for ad-hoc analysis
Job Requirements: Attending college and is at least a Junior or above with an IT concentration. Must have a 3.0 GPA and above.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Please check out the following internship/scholarship opportunities from Acxiom for STEM majors (as well as for BINS and FINANCE)!
Tjuana Byrd Summer Internship Program – Now Open!
Acxiom continues our partnership with Girls of Promise with participation in the Tjuana Byrd Summer Internship Program. The program is for women of color attending college in Arkansas and pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. If you know of any women that would be interested in this program, please share this information (more detail at the link).
Acxiom Diversity Scholarship – Now Open!
Do you know a student who is enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program in a tech field of study? Be sure to share our information about our Acxiom Diversity Scholarship.
Who Should Apply?
Women, veterans, minorities, and individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, the following conditions must be met:
- All applicants must be a member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the information technology workforce.
- All applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Quality, Information Systems, Engineering (Computer related), Mathematics and Statistics or information technology related areas of study at an accredited institution in the United States.
- All applicants must be at least a junior at the time of application. (Graduate/PhD students may apply to this scholarship)
- All applicants must have an anticipated graduation date no sooner than December 2021
- All applicants must have a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA on a 4.0 scale
eDocAmerica is seeking a creative self-starter. The schedule can be extremely flexible.
This position is primarily user interface programming. eDocAmerica is a .NET shop, and we work with the following list of skills:
HTML – legacy as well as HTML5
Image editing of web page assets
(Bonus points given for experience in AngularJS, SQL Server, ASP, ASP.NET, WordPress)
Museum of Discovery
Part-Time Tinkering Studio Facilitator
This position is more like a long-standing internship, with most shifts taking place during winter, spring, and summer breaks when school is out of session. It would be a great fit for a creative, enthusiastic student who is looking to get out into the work field but isn’t able to take on too many hours. I will attach the official job description to this email.
Intern – Delivery Analyst: One role available The Delivery Analyst Intern delivers data, data products and information that drive our client’s multi-channel marketing capabilities. You will begin to train with and understand the details of client’s data and Acxiom’s products to ensure that our clients receive clean, improved, ready-to-market and formatted data. In this role, you will strive daily to improve quality and adopt standard practices.
Intern – Tester: Two roles available As a Tester Intern, you will document, communicate and suggest remedies for disputed issues/defects using defined standards while working with multi-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will utilize test tools, test methodology, standard methodologies and standard quality assurance processes to deliver functional, deployable, supportable and maintainable services and products to our clients.
Intern – Solutions Developer: One role available The Solution Developer Intern works on Acxiom and third-party software to build solutions for business problems defined by specific business requirements. In this internship, you will gain knowledge of and draw upon technical and data processing knowledge to tackle marketing and data warehousing problems for our clients’ solutions. You may configure or tune software, work on automation processes to tie components together, develop custom application code to accommodate defined requirements, or collaborate with others to add extensions to existing Acxiom software. You may also provide new development, ongoing maintenance, and support and optimization of solutions for the account teams you are supporting.
Intern – Solutions Developer: Two roles available The Solution Developer Intern works on Acxiom and third-party software to build solutions for business problems defined by specific business requirements. In this internship, you will gain knowledge of and draw upon technical and data processing knowledge to tackle realtime platform problems for our clients’ solutions. You may configure or tune software, work on automation processes to tie components together, develop custom application code to accommodate defined requirements, or collaborate with others to add extensions to existing Acxiom software. You may also provide new development, ongoing maintenance, and support and optimization of solutions for the account teams you are supporting. A typical day will begin with reviewing upcoming work with the project team. The work may be debugging and solving issues, reviewing designs with developer peers, or implementing and coding software solutions to meet the client’s needs. The fast-paced account means often two days may not be the same, providing opportunities to learn a variety of platforms and solve different kinds of problems throughout the internship.
These roles require a minimum of 20 hours/week commitment and a minimum 3.25 GPA. We are seeking individuals in the Information Technology / Computer Science space who can begin this fall with an anticipated graduation date in May or December 2020. Students must be able to work on-site in Conway, Arkansas, during scheduled hours and for the duration of the internship.
We use an MIS system (called “Pace” sold by a company named EFI) and have its API functionality licensed. This API contains a full suite of SOAP services for reading, creating, updating, and deleting objects as well as triggering internal processes. We’re looking for students to help leverage this API to work on projects that range from small back-end scripts that enhance or fix our MIS’ capabilities to larger projects involving front-ends our customers can interact with.
We can mentor and teach the specifics of how to use this API but would find valuable students who bring to the table:
Comfort writing simple, readable, and well-documented code (the SDK EFI provides us has code samples in C#, java, perl, PHP, and vb.net)
Understanding from a structural viewpoint good front-end and system design
Strong problem-solving sensibilities and willingness to help and learn in whatever ways the project takes us
In return, we hope to provide:
An environment outside of the classroom to gain experience working and solving problems in a real-world business environment
A manageable 10-15 hour work week that can complement and be flexible with a school schedule; be worked remotely or after normal business hours.