*Advising for Spring 2019 courses begins October 1st, 2018*
You can sign up for advising in 3 ways:
- Call the English Department at (501) 569-3161 to set up an appointment.
- Set up an appointment online (via the online appointment calendars linked below) if your advisor uses them.
- Directly contact the adviser you have worked with in the past either by email or phone.
To use the online appointment calendar (if your advisor uses this system), click on one of the advising calendar links below. Note: this works best from a computer or laptop, not a phone. Please schedule your appointment at LEAST 24 hours in advance and put your T# and phone number in the “Description” box.
- Advising Slots, Jeremy Ecke, Chair (general advising and Linguistics minors), or email to email@example.com
- Advising Slots, Angela Hunter, Student Success Coordinator (general English advising), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advising Slots, Paul Crutcher (English Secondary Education students).
- Advising Slots, Kris McAbee (Cooper Honors Program students).
- Advising Slots, Laura Barrio Vilar (general advising).
- Heather Hummel (Creative Writing track students): email to email@example.com.
- Jeffrey Condran (Creative Writing track students): email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brad Minnick (general advising):email to email@example.com.
- Jim Levernier: NOT on campus in Fall 2018–see Ecke or Hunter for advising.
All students in the Cooper Honors program must be advised by Dr. McAbee and all students in the Secondary Education track must be advised by Dr. Crutcher.
You may also be advised online with the chairperson if you meet certain criteria. To be advised online, you must:
- have completed over 30 hours
- be a declared English major
- already know which courses you plan to take
- not be a Cooper Honors student (they must be advised by Dr. McAbee)
- not be new to the university
- not have significant transfer issues
If you meet these criteria and would like to be advised online, please complete this form.
You can retrieve a copy of the Undergraduate Catalog (with all major, minor, core, university, and other requirements) via UALR Undergraduate Catalog. Make sure you consult the catalog year that governs your degree requirements as these do change. Check with your advisor if you have questions about the catalog or the specific requirements.