Five students at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock proudly walked across the stage at Jack Stephens Center on Dec. 17 to receive their college diplomas, thanks in large part to a scholarship program from the Facilities Management Department.
The scholarship program was established in 2012 to help employees in Facilities Management, Procurement Services, and Public Safety and their family members attend college.
Since 2012, the program has awarded more than $151,000 in scholarships to 81 UALR employees and their family members and helped 15 recipients receive college degrees.
The program is funded by donations from the UALR GolfFEST Tournament held every September in partnership with local businesses and philanthropists. Funds raised pay the remaining student account balance for approved scholarship recipients, after tuition discounts and individual financial aid has been applied.
The five students who graduated in the fall 2016 semester, include:
- Devin Banks, custodian in Facilities Management, bachelor’s degree in mass communication
- Brenda Glover, custodian in Facilities Management, bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Cindy McDonald, former administrative assistant in Facilities Management, currently a business manager in the College of Business, bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Rayme Wilson, administrative assistant in Facilities Management, associate degree in early childhood education
- Jesse Wilson, husband of Rayme Wilson, master’s degree in middle school education
In the upper right photo: Four UALR staff members and one family member earned their college degrees in December 2016, thanks to a scholarship program from the Facilities Management Department. The fall 2016 graduates, from left to right, include Rayme Wilson, Jesse Wilson, Devin Banks, Brenda Glover, and Cindy McDonald.