The way that you report attendance and leave time will change on July 1. This change is a result of a recommendation from Internal Audit and to better comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act. The new system, TimeClock Plus, fully integrates with Banner and will replace our current Web Time Entry.
Some key points about the new time and attendance system follow:
- Fully automated and web-based for easy accessibility.
- All remaining paper timesheets and manual time entry processes will be eliminated.
- No more lost time sheets.
- Employees and supervisors will have electronic access to current and previous years’ records.
- Ability to generate department-specific reports.
- Actual hours, overtime, and compensatory time worked by classified, hourly, extra-help, and student labor will be captured by clocking in on a computer or time clock terminal.
- Non-Classified employees and faculty will continue to report only exception time.
A comprehensive implementation plan is currently being developed and will include resource guides, a Q&A website for quick and easy reference to questions, pilot test groups, and campus-wide training. In addition, personnel from TimeClock Plus will hold sessions to provide an overview of the product and conduct training onsite. Payroll staff plan to start rolling out this new system by May 1, and are hopeful for a smooth transition with minimal disruptions to daily work schedules.
We respectfully request your support and patience during the implementation of this new time and attendance system.