Automatic Revalidation

Students with an expired F or J visa taking a trip of less than 30 days to Canada, Mexico, or Adjacent Islands may be eligible for automatic revalidation. This means that students may not be required to renew a visa if they are outside the US for less than 30 days. Citizens of certain countries are not eligible for this benefit (including Cuba, Iran, Syria, and Sudan).

On the Travel Signature Request Form, students can indicate where you are traveling and what is the duration of your travels and an international student advisor will issue a letter for support at the port of entry.