Undergraduate Students

To apply to UALR as a degree-seeking undergraduate student you must apply online by going to the following website: apply.ualr.edu. It is important to use a valid email address. You will be sent an email reminder with your security information as well as an email upon completion of your application.  It is important that you print out and keep your Student ID number that is given to you at the end of the application process.

  1. Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee (please make check payable to UALR or please click here for international credit card).
  2. Submit original high school and any post-secondary school transcripts (If obtained from a foreign institution, the transcripts need to be evaluated and translated by one of NACES approved agencies with a document by document/course by course evaluation). International Students are not admitted on academic probation.  For details visit National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or use AACRAO or WES.
  3. Demonstrate proof of English proficiency in one of these ways:
    • Present a score of at least 525 (paper‐based), or 71 (iBT) on the TOEFL (Test of English     as a Foreign Language) earned within the last two years. UALR Code is: 6368.
    • Present score of at least 6 on the IELTS, earned within the last two years.
    • Take the Michigan Test (formerly known as the Institutional English Language test), administered on campus. Please contact the Intensive English Language Program for specific information by calling 501-569-3467; the test must be taken before class registration.
    • Complete the UALR Intensive English Language Program through the final level (see IELP section)
    • Completed English Composition I and II at a regionally accredited post secondary U.S. institution with a C grade or better; or If the student attended school in the U.S. for the last six years, he or she must meet all of our specific regular freshman requirements for admission.
  4. Submit a financial statement (For issuance of F and J visas only): students must provide certified proof that they are financially capable of pursuing an education in the U.S. Click on this link to see the estimated cost for books, fees, and living expenses to be a full-time undergraduate student at UALR.
  5. Students transferring from another institution within the United States must submit a Transfer and Visa Form completed by the applicant and by the International Student Advisor of the institution the applicant is currently attending. The student’s SEVIS file must also be transferred and released electronically by the previous institution to UALR.*Students transferring fewer than 12 hours must provide secondary school academic records in addition to their previous college or University transcript. Those transferring 12 hours or more need only submit a college transcript.
  6. Visa documents (required for H Visa holders ONLY)

Current H1 Visa holders
H1 approval notice, I-94 and travel visa stamp in your passport
Letter from H1 employer and/or recent pay-stubs

Current H4 Visa holders
H4 approval notice, I-94 and travel visa stamp in your passport
Your spouse’s H1 visa approval notice
Letter from your H1 spouse employer and/or your spouse’s recent pay-stubs

Please send all documents to:
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
International Student Services, ED 104
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204

For expedited mailing of your admission documents, please see the “Mailing Admission” page for further information.