2023 Marie Wilson Howells’ Award

The Marie Wilson Howell Outstanding Graduating Senior Award is given to a graduating Psychology major each spring. The criteria considered in selecting the recipient include a high overall GPA, high Psychology GPA, exemplary professional conduct, involvement in research activities, and involvement with departmental organizations. This year the two recipients are Ashley Mathis and Matthew Lawton.

“I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the Department of Psychology. I never expected to feel so supported or to have so many opportunities as an online student. Enrolling at UA Little Rock has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.” – Ashley Mathis

“I am honored to receive this award and sincerely appreciate your recognition. I am immensely grateful to the entire department for its support and guidance in helping me acquire the skills and knowledge to achieve my goals. I look forward to the day when I can contribute as a member of the psychological community and make a meaningful difference in the world.” – Matthew Lawton

Matthew completed an internship this spring with the Arkansas Crisis Center and contributed to a video about their suicide prevention efforts in Arkansas. Check it out here! 

Posted in: Psychology News