At the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, students are:
- The most important people on the campus. Without them there would be no need for the institution.
- Not cold enrollment statistics, but flesh and blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
- Not people to be tolerated so we can do our own thing. They ARE our thing.
- Not dependent on us, rather we are dependent on them.
- Not an interruption of our work, but the purpose of it. We are not doing them a favor by serving them. They are doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.