Students in the Business Information Systems and Analytics, M.S. must possess strong academic preparation and strong aptitude for graduate study in business. The admission requirements embody evidence of both prior academic achievement (GPA) and probability of successful performance in the program (GMAT or GRE score).
Students pursuing automatic admission to the M.S. in BISA must meet one of the following criteria:
- (200 x cumulative GPA) + GMAT score (or converted GRE score) ≥ 1020, OR
- (200 x GPA from last 60 undergraduate hours) + GMAT score (or converted GRE score) ≥ 1080
Regardless of total points, the minimum acceptable GPA is 2.5, the minimum acceptable GMAT score is 420, and the minimum acceptable GRE score is equivalent to the minimum GMAT score when converted. GMAT or GRE scores used for admission must be taken within the past five years.
UA Little Rock students enrolled in the B.B.A. in Business Information Systems or Business Analytics who meet specific requirements may receive early admission into the M.S. in Business Information Systems and Analytics.
Waiver of GMAT Requirement
The program coordinator may waive the GMAT requirement for applicants who meet one of these criteria:
- Hold a graduate degree or who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program with equivalent admission standards, OR
- Have at least a 3.25 GPA from an AACSB-accredited business school (including UA Little Rock), OR
- Can substantiate through written documentation that the combination of their academic and professional accomplishment makes them highly prepared for success in a rigorous graduate program. This may include holding analytically oriented professional or technical certification (i.e., CCDA, CISM, CISSP, MSCA, MSCE, VCP, etc.), current job responsibilities that substantiate preparedness and analytical skills (e.g., data analytics, strategic analysis, etc.), 3.5 or higher GPA from a highly reputable non-business program, OR
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA in a degree as described in 2 or 3 above combined with a minimum of 5 years of post-baccalaureate, professional work experience showing managerial duties and promotion to increasing levels of responsibility.
After applying to the program, you will receive an email regarding your application. When told you need to submit your GMAT score, respond to explain you are requesting a GMAT waiver and attach your completed GMAT waiver form. The Graduate Committee reserves the right to interview GMAT waiver candidates at its discretion.