We are excited to help you continue your educational journey with the UA Little Rock School of Business. In order to help you prepare for your advising appointment, please remember to communicate with your adviser as needed and prepare yourself for your advising appointment.
Communicating with Advisers
Please read the following guidelines to follow when communicating with advisers:
- Always use your UALR email address when emailing academic advisers.
- Always include your full name and T-Number (T00555555) in emails or voicemails.
- Allow at least 48 hours for a response.
- Be respectful, courteous and professional, and be mindful of sensitive information.
- Check your UALR email account on a daily basis. Important notices and reminders will be sent to your UALR email address. You are responsible for this knowledge.
Preparing for your appointment
- Find your adviser and make your advising appointment online. For help finding your adviser, click here.
- Make sure you’ve declared your major. Please print off the Declaration of Major form and submit it to your adviser via email or fax it to the office at 501.569.8871.
- Make sure you’ve signed the Undergraduate Code of Ethics form. You must only complete this form once and it is placed in your advising file.
- Decide how many courses you’re wanting to complete for the following semesters.
- Select which courses you’d like to register for in the coming semester(s). For help preparing for future semesters, utilize the Graduation Plan with the Degree Checklist for your major and catalog year. Prepare the courses and have your adviser check to make sure the courses are scheduled in the correct sequence.
- Generate an Unofficial Student Degree Evaluation through BOSS, which will help you determine which courses you must complete. For help preparing an Unofficial Student Degree Evaluation, click here. This website shows screenshots for help. If you need additional help, you may contact your adviser directly.
- Have you completed the IT Competency Exam? For more information about this exam, ask your adviser at your advising appointment.