Administrators and counselors provide the avenues between CE partners which make CE possible and successful. They are the advocates and drivers behind quality instructors and enrollment.
- Support and encourage teachers to attend the UA Little Rock Concurrent Enrollment professional development.
- Utilize the UA Little Rock Concurrent Enrollment webpage for professional development opportunities.
- Share success stories about CE and what it does for the community, school, and most importantly the students.
- Provide a link to ualr.edu on the school’s website for easy access to teachers, students, and parents.
- Allow and encourage collaboration between UA Little Rock faculty and high school faculty.
- Uphold the guidelines set forth in the MOU.
- Encourage student awareness of course transfer possibilities using the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS)
- Evaluate faculty credentials for qualifying faculty members.
- Must hold a master’s degree in the specified discipline for the courses requested, or
- Must hold a master’s degree in any area with an additional 18 or more graduate hours in the specific discipline.
- Send any potential qualifying teacher transcripts to email@example.com with the following:
- A list of courses your high school would like to offer associated with specific teachers
- A current curriculum vitae
- The University CE Coordinator vets the credentials before sending them to the department chairs.
- Once faculty is approved or denied, the University Coordinator will communicate the decision to the High School Coordinator then informs the High School teacher and administrator.
- Send a course syllabus for each course request.
- Decide how many sections of each approved course are needed.
- Remember in order to offer the course as concurrent, at least 51% of the student enrollment in that section must be concurrent.
Courses Offered Through Concurrent Enrollment
Concurrent Enrollment Course List
This is merely a snapshot of courses offered at a variety of partner institutions either presently or within the past two years. As with any Concurrent Enrollment offering, courses must have a qualified and UA Little Rock approved instructor. If you think your institution has teachers to fill any of these courses and would like to expand your CE course list, please send the information and the desired courses to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your institution wishes to offer a course that is not on this list, has a qualified teacher, and if that course is offered as a freshman or sophomore level course at UA Little Rock, there is no harm in asking that it be added to your course list. Please contact UA Little Rock’s Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator with your wishes.