Participation in the intramural sports program is voluntary. UA Little Rock and the Office of Campus Recreation are not liable for injuries sustained during practice for or in any scheduled activity. Participants are advised to have proper medical coverage before participating. If any injury occurs during an intramural sports contest, the supervisor or official will give any assistance possible. If further assistance is needed, the supervisor will summon additional help. A complete report of the injury should be recorded on the proper forms and filed with the Office of Campus Recreation.
Intramural sports provide some equipment for team sports. Individual participants are responsible for supplying some necessary equipment for individual/dual sports. Individuals are responsible for use of proper footwear/equipment for all intramural sport events.
- Team Jerseys – Teams shall wear shirts that are the same color. Team jerseys must contrast with the jerseys of the opposing team. If teams are wearing the same color jersey, the team listed as visitor will be required to change. Jerseys may not be tied in a manner that creates any type of knot. Team jerseys must have a number placed on the front or back of the jersey. Jersey numbers shall consist of numbers 0-99; triple digit numbers, symbols, etc. are prohibited.
- Shoes – Players must wear shoes, either soft soled soccer/football cleats, tennis, or astroturf shoes. No sandals, boots, or metal/sharp plastic cleats will be allowed. No screw in or detachable cleats will be allowed.
- Supports, Braces, Gloves, and Pads – No casts/splints will be allowed under any circumstances. No pads or braces will be allowed above the waist. Players who wear a knee brace with exposed metal or metal hinges are required to cover it with at least 1/2 inch of closed cell slow recover rubber or other material of the same minimum thickness and physical properties. Players may also wear gloves which consist of soft, pliable non-abrasive material. Kneepads of a soft pliable nature will be allowed below the waist. Any player wearing illegal or dangerous equipment shall not be permitted to play. All equipment shall be subject to the approval of the intramural sports staff and their decisions shall be final.
- Headwear – Players may wear a one-piece elastic headband made of a soft pliable material. They may also wear knit stocking caps in cold weather. Rubber or elastic cloth bands may be used to control hair. No other headwear will be allowed. No baseball caps, bandannas (including “do-rags”) or helmets.
- Jewelry – Jewelry or hard hair control devices will not be allowed. This includes but is not limited to necklaces, earrings, newly-pierced earrings, facial piercing, rings, bracelets, and watches. Individuals will not be allowed to tape over any jewelry item. If you cannot remove the item, you cannot play.