Each intramural team will receive a sportsmanship rating from the official(s) and/or field supervisor at the conclusion of the game.
- A (4 pts) Excellent Conduct and Sportsmanship – Players cooperate fully with the officials and other team members. The captain calmly converses with supervisors about rule interpretation and calls. The captain also has full control of his/her teammates.
- B (3 pts) Good Conduct and Sportsmanship – Team members verbally complain about some decisions made by the officials and/or show minor dissension that may cause a warning. Teams or players that receive one warning will receive no higher than a “B” rating.
- C (2 pts) Average Conduct and Sportsmanship – Teams show verbal dissent toward staff and/or the opposing team which may or may not result in warning(s). Captain or team leader exhibits minor control over his/her teammates or him/herself. Team receives multiple warnings will receive no higher than a “C” rating.
- D (1 pts) Below Average Conduct and Sportsmanship -Team constantly comments to the staff and/or opposing team from the field and/or sidelines. The team captain exhibits little or no control over teammates of him/herself. A team on which a player is ejected will receive no higher than a “D” rating.
- F (0 pts) Poor Conduct and Sportsmanship – Team is completely uncooperative. Captain has no control over teammates, and/or him/herself. Any team causing a game to be forfeited, other than by no showing, or receives multiple ejections and warnings shall receive an “F” rating.
Qualifying for Playoffs
Only teams with a .500 or better record and 3.25 sportsmanship average will qualify for playoffs. Teams that fail to meet the sportsmanship or record requirement may appeal to the Coordinator of Intramural Sports to seek inclusion into playoffs. This must be done no later than 4 p.m. the day after the end of the regular season and must be done via email and should include team name and reason for appeal.
- A team must have at least a 3.5 sportsmanship rating in a playoff game to advance or will be disqualified from the playoff tournament and the team/players will be suspended from all intramural sport events for a period of time to be determined by the coordinator. The nature and severity of the incident will be taken into account.
In case of ties, the following tie-breaker format will be used:
- Sportsmanship Average
- Total Points Earned
- Point Differential
Standings Point System:
- +10 pts = Played Win, Win by Forfeit, or Win by Default
- +5 pts = Played Loss
- -10 pts = Loss by Forfeit
- -5 pts = Loss by Default
- +3 pts = Tie