The Department of Human Resources will cover the expenses for two (2) Guest of State (GOS) individuals invited to campus in connection with the recruitment process. Processing of travel expenses for GOS’s will be in accordance with UA Little Rock’s Travel Rules, Regulations, and Procedures and the State’s travel regulations. All departments must coordinate all travel related expense with the Department of Human Resources, as follows:
- Departments should not charge any GOS expenses to the department’s FOAPAL and the hiring authority should allow seven (7) to ten (10) days for the processing of all travel requests. The Department of Human Resources will cover interview costs per GOS up to the maximum allowable, as follows:Airfare: $800
Meals: $61 per day (does not include departmental meals)Departmental meals for GOS visits will be reimbursed by the Department of Human Resources for the GOS’s meals only. All costs above the established breakdown will be back charged to the hiring department by the Department of Human Resources.
- Hiring authorities may research the best airfare costs via Internet websites; however, airfare reservations booked on these sites will require the department’s CTS payment at the time of the reservation booking. For convenience, departments may use the following travel agencies:The Travel Shop – 501-663-2203
Poe Travel – 501-376-4171If the hiring department books the airfare reservation with a travel agency, the travel agency will send a reservation confirmation to the hiring department. The hiring department must print the e-mail (be sure the cost is included on the printout) and attach the provided itinerary to the Travel Authorization (TA).
- The hiring department must complete the Travel Authorization (TA) for the airfare, attach all supporting documentation, including the W-9, and submit the travel request to the Department of Human Resources before 2:00 p.m. If airfare reservation is not processed by Procurement Services by the close of business on the day received, the cost of the airfare may increase due to next day processing. Travel requests submitted to the Department of Human Resources after 2:00 p.m. will not be accepted and the hiring department will need to reconfirm the cost and reservation with the travel agency before resubmitting the request to the Department of Human Resources.
- The Department of Human Resources will make the hotel reservations for the GOS and provide the reservation information to the hiring department. The university has established accounts with various Little Rock hotels. Hiring departments may request a preferred hotel; however, reservations will be made based on pricing and availability.
- The hiring department is responsible for communicating the travel arrangements with the GOS and to ensure that a W-9 is completed for each GOS and is submitted to the Department of Human Resources. No reimbursements can be processed for a GOS without a completed W-9.
- A Travel Reimbursement (TR-1) for GOS reimbursements must be submitted to the Department of Human Resources with original receipts. Hiring departments should ensure GOS are informed that all requests for reimbursement should be submitted to the hiring department within 48 hours of their return home.
- UA Little Rock employees who incur expenses for the GOS must complete a claim reimbursement form, attach all original receipts and submit the documentation to the Department of Human Resources. Employees paying for GOS meals are encouraged to pay on separate tickets; both detail and credit/debit receipts must be submitted. State regulations permit reimbursement for meal tips at 15% only.
- The Department of Human Resources does not cover the following GOS expenses:
- Employee mileage to and from the Little Rock Airport;
- Rental cars for the GOS;
- Hotel rooms over the state approved rates; or
- Special incidentals for the GOS.
These travel expenses may be incurred by the hiring department at the hiring department’s expense.