Army Students

Knowing what to do and where to go is important to your success and your success is important to us.

Getting Started

Follow the steps below to begin your successful journey to complete your degree at UALR:

  1. Apply for admissions to UALR.
  2. Send transcripts for both your military training and from any other college to the following address:
    University of Arkansas at Little Rock
    Office of Admissions
    2801 South University
    Little Rock, AR 72204
  3. Activate your tuition assistance. To activate the TA Request for the Army, follow the steps below:
    • Go to
    • Create password and log in
    • Upload the SOU statement on the website
    • Select the “Request TA” Smart Link
    • Confirm your school is pre-populated, enter the class Subject, Catalog Number, and the Class Start Date, and select “Next”
    • Complete each required field in the Class Information section on the Request TA form
    • Attach cost of tuition and fees to the Request TA form (To do so, go to the upload Cost and/or Course Enrollment Verification Information section to submit the form. That can be done in one of two ways:
      1. Upload the document that has been saved on a computer and attach, or
      2. Upload the document in eFile first and select the transaction type Cost and/or Course Enrollment Verification, so it will appear when you select the “Search eFile” button to attach to the Request TA form.
    • Upload your term invoice on the website
    • Upload your degree plan and class schedule on the website

If you need access to a scanner, the UALR VA Office can scan documents for you.

General Information About TA

  • Payment consists of tuition and on-line fees only. All other fees are the responsibility of the student.
  • The maximum entitlement is $4,500 per federal fiscal year (October 1 thru September 30).
  • Check the GoArmyEd website daily for status updates. If more information is needed, you will receive a message on that site and you need to respond immediately.
  • Contact GoArmyEd at (800) 817-9990 from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time or refer to the TA Pocket Guide if you have specific questions.

Actions After TA is Approved

Once you are approved for Federal Tuition Assistance (TA), do the following:

  • Submit TA approved classes to the UALR Student Accounts Office:
    1. in person, take to the Student Services Center (SSC), Rm 120, or
    2. by email to with a subject of “Tuition Assistance Approval,” or
    3. by fax to 501-916-3048

Where to Go for Help

UALR VA Office

Our UALR Veterans Affairs Coordinator will assist you and your eligible dependents with the filing of required documents for educational benefits with the Veterans Administration.

Please email or call, 501-569-8171 or 501-682-8387, our UALR VA Coordinator if you have any questions concerning your benefits.

Military Ombudsman

Our military Ombudsman is here to help you if you have any questions about your major, UALR, or anything related to your educational journey.

Please email or call 501-683-7167 our military ombudsman if you have any questions or concerns.