The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers the campus community two options for the purchase of office supplies. As a state agency, the university is required to utilize mandatory state contract vendors for the purchase of office supplies. In addition, departments have the option to purchase office supplies from Central Stores, which is managed by Facilities Management.
Government Supply Services has been an authorized vendor for office supplies since January 1, 2014 and Office Depot was added in January 2019. Both vendors have online systems for ordering office supplies and tracking shipments. Procurement Services will be pleased to guide you through setting up an account with either or both using a blanket purchase order or a P-Card.
We want to see these Arkansas businesses thrive and be successful, so keep in mind some ways that we can assist them:
- Try to combine small orders into one order to cut down on shipping costs.
- Allow for one to two days shipping time when placing orders.
These vendors provide more than just office supplies and you may order these items from their online catalog. However, when placing your order, please note the following restricted items:
- Office paper (contact Procurement Services with exception requests)
- Computers and wireless devices
- Software from Adobe, Computer Associates, Corel, IBM, McAfee, Microsoft, Oracle, Symantec, and Trend Micro
- All printing
- Drinks (i.e. water, coffee) and food purchases
- Mandatory state contract items
- Tagable fixed assets
Central Stores is managed by Facilities Management and directs the acquisition, storage, distribution, and inventory of general office supplies for the campus community. Purchasing from Central Stores can save time and money, plus has the added convenience backcharging to the department’s FOAPAL. Copy paper should be purchased from Central Stores for maximum cost savings. They receive the most competitive pricing by purchasing in bulk and the savings are passed on to each department. Visit Central Stores’ website for further information and to view their catalog.