The Donaghey Student Center continues to serve as the hub of activity of the university. While serving our student, faculty and staff populations, we also serve as a pillar of the community for meetings, recreational activities, and personal wellness.
With our multitude of services, we also stand as a recruitment feature for prospective students. We remain a unique facility as one of the few buildings in the nation that combines a traditional student center with a fitness and aquatics center. The addition of the Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex has enhanced our ability to host a greater variety of student-focused programming.
We are proud of our highlights in fiscal year 2015:
- Eight high school swim teams (200+ swimmers), 20 swim meets including collegiate meets
- 12 public and private groups for community outreach and collaboration
- Certified Pool Operators certification course attended by operators from across the state
Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex
- Hosted intramural activities and Campus Life student programming events
- Hosted high school Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) and Collegiate track meets
- Held a variety of youth camps, youth soccer, track and football practices, and youth cheer practices
- Hosted the University of Arkansas System’s Board of Trustees meeting
- Held the Annual Spring Drive-In Conference, Focus on Title IX, sponsored by the Arkansas Student Affairs Association
Managed 2,014 events and 6,514 meetings
- Replaced assorted conference equipment including a new public address system and new meeting technology
- Served: a total of 58,278 patrons (excluding July and August 2014), of which 4,708 were day pass sales.
- Upgraded two pieces of resistance training equipment: the assisted dip and chin machine, and the Bravo Functional Trainer purchased with a grant
- Hosted a variety of student programming and community outreach events in the Fitness Center and the Fieldhouse
- Purchased new free weights
Information & Call Center
- Served a total of 64,251 guests
- Assisted 10,712 visitors
Additionally the Donaghey Student Center supports the missions and services of these departments housed within our facility:
- Diamond Cafe & Food Court
- Disability Resource Center
- Forum Newspaper
- Health Services
- Office of Campus Life
- Office of the Vice Provost for the Division of Student Affairs
- Student Government Association
- UALR Bookstore
The Donaghey Student Center team moves into FY2016 improving customer service through satisfaction surveys designed to help identify our areas for improvement. We will consolidate our student worker training into a comprehensive online model to better serve the needs of the Division of Student Affairs. The Aquatic Center will undergo lighting upgrades in early FY2016. Remaining needs are for renovations of the Fitness and Aquatic Centers, Food Services, and an upgraded security system.