Bowen automatically considers all admitted applicants for scholarships.
- Arkansas Contiguous States HBCU Scholarships are offered to all accepted students who earned a bachelor’s degree from a Historically Black College or University within a state contiguous to Arkansas, namely Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. More details about the scholarship requirements can be found HERE.
- Arkansas HBCU Scholarships are awarded to all accepted students who earned a bachelor’s degree from an Arkansas Historically Black College or University. More details about the scholarship requirements can be found HERE.
- First-Generation College Student Scholarships are offered to all accepted students who self-identify as an Arkansas resident and as a first-generation college student who has graduated or is about to graduate from an Arkansas college or university. More details about the scholarship requirements can be found HERE.
- Merit Scholarships are awarded in quarterly amounts up to 100% of tuition. Academic achievement, LSAT scores, diversity, and quality of application materials are considered in selecting recipients of these scholarships. Personal statements are especially critical. Full-tuition scholarships are extremely competitive. Recipients of the full tuition merit scholarship have exceptional academic credentials, strong LSAT scores, demonstrated leadership qualities, and exhibit the ability to excel in the classroom while also taking active roles as leaders within the law school community.
- Non-resident Scholarships are awarded in an amount that allows recipients to pay the resident tuition rate during their first year of study. Students who are ineligible for Arkansas residency following the spring semester of their first year of study are eligible to apply for this award in future years.
- Public Service Merit Scholarships are awarded to accepted students who worked for Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, or City Year for at least one year. More details about the scholarship requirements can be found HERE.
- Veteran Benefits: UA Little Rock offers numerous educational benefits to veterans and their families. Details on the different types of veterans’ benefits can be found HERE.
All scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance and recipients should rely upon their individual award letters for the details and criteria of their scholarships.