Enrolled at Another Law School?

If you are enrolled at another law school, you are welcome to consider the UA Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law as a transfer or visiting student.

Transfer Applicants

Bowen accepts transfer applications each semester. If you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution and have satisfactorily completed at least 20 semester hours of credit at an ABA accredited law school, you are eligible to apply. If you wish to transfer from a state-accredited law school (a school not accredited by the American Bar Association), you must rank in the top 15 percent of your class at that school.

Visiting imageApplications must be submitted through LSAC.  Admission depends on the availability of space, your need to transfer, and your academic credentials.  The number of credit hours which you may transfer to the Bowen School of Law will depend on the quality of your previous performance, the similarity between your course work and the Bowen School of Law’s curriculum, and the amount of time that has elapsed since you completed the work. You cannot transfer more than 30 credit hours.  Students must take a minimum of 60 hours at the UA Little Rock Bowen School of Law to qualify to graduate from Bowen.

Transfer Credit Policy

Visiting Students

If you are enrolled at another law school accredited by the American Bar Association or by a state, you may take courses from the Bowen School of Law that will count toward a degree from your home school. Apply through LSAC.

You will be required to submit, in addition to other materials, a letter from the dean of your current school granting permission for you to attend as a visitor. Admission depends on the availability of space, your need for visitor status, and your academic credentials.

If you have any questions regarding submitting an application, please contact the Office of Admissions at 501-916-5431.