At the UA Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, the dean seeks input on diversity and inclusion from two advisory committees comprised of members from Bowen’s community.
Diversity and Excellence Committee
The members of this committee are appointed by the Dean and are members of the faculty and Bowen’s senior administrative staff.
2019-2020 Committee Members
- Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Rejena Grotjohn, Chair
- Professor Anastasia Boles (fall)
- Professor dré cummings
- Professor Sherrie Norwood (fall)
- Professor Suzanne Penn
- Assistant Dean for Career Services, Diana Snyder
- Assistant Dean for External Relations, Wanda Hoover, ex officio
- Assistant Dean of Admissions, Scholarships, and Enrollment Data, Matthew Kerns, ex officio
Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
The Dean’s Student Advisory Committee (DSAC) of the UA Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law is a group of student representatives who serve as an advisory group to the Dean of the law school. The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs shall nominate representatives to the council for approval by the Diversity and Excellence Committee, making DSAC a broad-based, representative group that functions as a conduit for direct communication between the students and administration.
The monthly DSAC meetings with the Dean provide an opportunity for the mutual exchange of ideas and open dialogue about problems and issues in the law school community. The meetings also offer an opportunity for the Dean and his or her administrative staff to solicit advice and student perspectives on decisions affecting matters of importance to students.