University Assembly and Faculty Senate
Welcome to the University Assembly’s web page. The University Assembly and the Faculty Senate are the primary legislative bodies for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Legislation Entering University Assembly Review (10-day Review; Begins May 3, 2021):
- FS_2021_08 Approve Spring & Summer 2021 Graduates; [List of Graduates]
- FS_2021_10 Approve AY’25 Academic Calendar
- FS_2021_12 Overall Unsatisfactory and Post-tenure Review
- FS_2021_13 Academic Offenses
- FS_2021_14 Degree Plan Policy
- FS_2021_16 Free Hour Policy
- FS_2021_17 Rescind Outstanding Referrals
About the University Assembly
The University Assembly is the overarching governance body and is composed of key administrators, all full-time regular faculty, elected members of the Staff Senate, and student representatives selected by the Student Government Association. All legislative functions of the UALR Assembly are assigned to the UALR Faculty Senate subject only to the right of the Assembly to amend or rescind legislative actions of the Faculty Senate.
About the Faculty Senate
The Faculty Senate is composed of faculty representing each college, one senator for each ten faculty; the chancellor; provost; president of the Staff Senate; and president of the Student Government Association. The areas of the Faculty Senate’s legislative authority shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Admission requirements
- Curriculum and courses
- Degrees and requirements for degrees
- Calendar and schedules
- Awards, honors and honorary degrees
- Interpretation of its own legislation
In addition to its legislative authority and all actions taken under this authority, the Faculty Senate shall make comments and recommendations on matters of UA Little Rock concern and multi-campus concern.