University Assembly and Faculty Senate
Please review and provide feedback on the draft copies of the Undergraduate Recruitment and Retention Plans.
Legislative Transmittals for University Assembly Review (as of May 2, 2019)
The following were approved at the April 26, 2019 Faculty Senate meeting:
Faculty Senate Meeting Materials from April 26, 2019
- Agenda – April 26th
- Minutes – March 29th
- Interpretation of Legislation Regarding General Education Curriculum
- Spring and Summer 2019 Graduates (as of April 25, 2019)
- Council on Core Curriculum and Policy Report (April)
- Undergraduate Council Report (April)
- Graduate Council Report (April)
- Minimum Enrollment Policy (Draft – From Planning & Finance Committee)
About the University Assembly
The University Assembly is the overarching governance body and is composed of key administrators, all full-time regular faculty, elected members of the Staff Senate, and student representatives selected by the Student Government Association. All legislative functions of the UALR Assembly are assigned to the UALR Faculty Senate subject only to the right of the Assembly to amend or rescind legislative actions of the Faculty Senate.
The Faculty Senate is composed of faculty representing each college, one senator for each ten faculty; the chancellor; provost; president of the Staff Senate; and president of the Student Government Association. The areas of the Faculty Senate’s legislative authority shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Admission requirements
- Curriculum and courses
- Degrees and requirements for degrees
- Calendar and schedules
- Awards, honors and honorary degrees
- Interpretation of its own legislation
In addition to its legislative authority and all actions taken under this authority, the Faculty Senate shall make comments and recommendations on matters of UALR concern and multi-campus concern.