University Assembly and Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Meeting, Friday, 1:00pm, March 20, Synchronous Online Forum (Dickinson 106 for those on campus)
To join the senate meeting remotely, click HERE on the day and time. Mute the mic on your computer, use your webcam if handy.
- Faculty Senate Agenda Faculty Senate Agenda REVISED (with Summer 22 Calendar)
- Minutes from February 28th
- FSM-2020-03 Delay drop date for FT and 920 for Spring 2020
- Ad Hoc Committee on Academic Planning Retrenchment Final Report
- Governance Committee – Motions regarding transition to new colleges
About the University Assembly
The University Assembly is the overarching governance body and is composed of key administrators, all full-time regular faculty, elected members of the Staff Senate, and student representatives selected by the Student Government Association. All legislative functions of the UALR Assembly are assigned to the UALR Faculty Senate subject only to the right of the Assembly to amend or rescind legislative actions of the Faculty Senate.
The Faculty Senate is composed of faculty representing each college, one senator for each ten faculty; the chancellor; provost; president of the Staff Senate; and president of the Student Government Association. The areas of the Faculty Senate’s legislative authority shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Admission requirements
- Curriculum and courses
- Degrees and requirements for degrees
- Calendar and schedules
- Awards, honors and honorary degrees
- Interpretation of its own legislation
In addition to its legislative authority and all actions taken under this authority, the Faculty Senate shall make comments and recommendations on matters of UALR concern and multi-campus concern.